Thursday, January 21, 2010

For chess geeks only...

Okay, I realize I'm picking nits here, but...I'm impressed that the pieces were set up correctly to start a game of chess. I was also impressed that they got the corner squares correct (black square in the corner on your left as you sit down to play), until I realized this was a fold-out chess board, so they'd naturally set it up right. And the puppy is the paragon of cuteness holding the king in his mouth. However... . WTF is that white Bishop doing out there by the model's hand?? None of the pawns have moved yet, so the Bishops have to be on their original squares. If you're going to put a piece out there, at least make it a Knight. . I know that's picky, but jeez, they took the time to set up the pieces right, so someone knew what they were doing. That someone should also have known that only Knights can jump over pawns. . And yeah, there's nothing wrong with the Black position. She could've been jumping her Knights forward and back the whole time.

No comments: