Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett

1987; 254 pages. Book #3 in the Discworld series. Genre : Comedic fantasy. Overall Rating : B-.
.
What can I say - I'm a Discworld devotée. There are about three dozen books in the series. I've read about a third of them, and there's another dozen on my TBR shelf. If I hit the used-book stores often enough, I'll eventually find the remaining third.
.
My review in 50 words or less...
Two Discworld Truths : Wizards are always men and Witches are always women. But thanks to a misstep by a dying wizard, newborn Eskarina is steeped in wizardry. Mayhem ensues and gender stereotypes are reluctantly assailed. While Eskarina copes with her magic, Granny Weatherwax and the Unseen University learn to coexist. (*)
.
.
(*) Exactly 50 words. That was close.
.
.
You can find the super-sized version of the review here.

No comments: