Friday, April 17, 2009

Pope-a-Dope

Pope Benny has his panties in a ruffle. According to MSNBC today (here), he thinks it's inappropriate for anyone to criticize His Infallibleness's remarks that AIDS "cannot be overcome by the distribution of condoms. On the contrary, they increase the problem." His feelings have been hurt. . I guess it's inherent that religion - any religion - demands blind acceptance from its flock. Imams send suicide bombers to their deaths. Prophets and tongues-speakers (or more correctly, tongues-interpreters) relay messages from The Deity Himself to you, as if somehow that's too great a task for His Omnipotency. And now a senile celibate feels that condoms are an offense to The Creator, since God alone should decide whether you are to get pregnant or get AIDS. . Sorry if we offend you by having our own opinions, Benny. Now please excuse me; I have to go read my horoscope and see what will happen to me tomorrow.

No comments: