Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Divorcing The Bachelor

Liz is part of an immense horde of people who got hooked on the reality show The Bachelor, then got totally p*ssed-off at the show's lame finale, where "I've got to follow my heart" Jason picked Melissa over Molly, then dumped the Mel like a sack of potatoes to go chasing after Mol. . I have never had any urge to watch any of the oxymoronic-named "Reality Shows"; and neither had Liz until this one jumped out and snagged her around the "20 GF's to go" stage. After that, she was a devoted watcher for two hours every Monday night. . I'm completely convinced that all Reality Shows are scripted, except possibly one or two in the very first season, where the audience could vote people off. OTOH, I know for a fact that WWE professional wrestling is entirely real, and that Edge really is married to (the late) Eddie Guerrero's mom.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Lol Terry, we are totally with you. I think we saw bits and pieces of the very first American Idol and Survivor, and haven't watched any of them since. After that first season people know what's coming, and even then I don't think the first is ever a 'reality' show. Lame-O!

terry said...

alarmingly, Liz has started to watch American Idol now. she claims it's only because the singers are so bad. but i'm not buying it.