Thursday, June 11, 2009

Why I'm a Conspiracy Nut - Part 2

This is Stephen T. Johns, a security guard at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, who was murdered yesterday by... ...this 88-year-old scum bag White Supremacist hate-monger, James von Brunn. Just another point to suppport my claim that dittoheads think different from progressives.
Von Brunn left a message in his car - "You want my weapons — this is how you'll get them. The Holocaust is a lie. Obama was created by Jews."
.
That last sentence reminds me of an e-mail I got from one of my (dittohead) colleagues at work a few months ago. The e-mail (forwarded of course. Dittoheads can't write whole sentences on their own.) basically claimed that Obama was an Al-Qaeda plant. Since the colleague is an otherwise bright guy, I wrote him back and asked if he really was so stupid as to believe that piece of electronic slander. He said he did.
.
And therein lies the danger of such hate-mail. 30% of the people will find it offensive (I did). 50% will find it ridiculous (my son did). 18% will think that it's true (my colleague did), but take no action beyond sending it to everyone in their address book.
.
But 2% will think it's true and resolve to kill someone connected to it, if they ever get the chance. And so doctors get gunned down in church, and security guards get murdered while doing their jobs.
.
For the moment, you will see a bunch of right-wing brown-shirt hate groups half-heartedly distancing themselves from these psychopathic loonies. Deleting inflammatory blurbs from their websites, and saying they never meant that people should take them literally when they angrily yabbered away about (insert non-dittohead target here) not being fit to live.
.
For a while. Until things calm down. Then it's back to competing as to who can forward the most outrageous, venom-dripping, violence-promoting pack of lies to everyone else on the Internet.
.
And so it goes...

No comments: