Thursday, June 25, 2009

RIP - Farrah Fawcett

Mary Farrah Leni Fawcett
b. : 02 February 1947
d. : 25 June 2009
. Farrah Fawcett, who appeared in more teenage boys' dreams in the late 70's than any other fantasy girl, passed away today at the age of 62. She is best-remembered for playing Jill Munroe in Charlie's Angels, even though she was only on the show a year. Thought of as a ditz, she later proved her mettle in movies like The Burning Bed, and was nominated a number of times for the Golden Globe and Emmy Awards. . Personally, I can't say I was infatuated by her. I wasn't impressed by the Charlie's Angels show itself, and if you're going to make me choose an angel, then I'll go with Kate Jackson's Sabrina Duncan character. What impresses me most about Farrah is the dignity and courage she had while battling the cancer for the past three years. I haven't seen the movie/documentary made about it, but I've heard it's riveting. Methinks Farrah will be remembered as much for her fight against the disease as the iconic poster (above) and Charlie's Angels. . PS #1. It was a tough day for entertainers. Besides Farrah, Michael Jackson passed away (I'm thinking drugs/medications here). But the biggest entertainment loss may have been the death of Sky Saxon (who?). . PS#2. Really, I could take or leave Farrah. My dream girls were, in no particular order : Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha in Bewitched (the mind drools thinking about what she could do in the bedroom by wiggling her nose); Diana Rigg as Mrs. Emma Peel in The Avengers (gotta love a woman who dresses in leather and can pick her nose with her toes); and Angie Dickinson as Sergeant Pepper Anderson in Police Woman (a blonde in a uniform and with handcuffs. oh my!).

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Been a bad week for celebrities all around if you include Mr. McMahon. Ironically, a coworker of Jason's said, "Better be on the death watch" when McMahon died, saying it always happens in 3's. I kind of wonder how that guy feels now...

hamilcar barca said...

yep. if i worked in Hollywood, i'd get up tomorrow and immediately check myself into a hospital.