Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chess Semis


    I still have a chance to finish in a tie for the lead in my third-round chess quad over at www.itsyourturn.com , despite having two losses.  The leader, Jasmine, ATM has 8 points (4 wins), with two games still ongoing, one of which is against me.

    I have 6 points (3 wins, 2 losses), as does another opponent, Lepi.  But I'm about to checkmate Jasmine, and her (his?) game against Lepi is even in material, with the position completely unbalanced.  It will not end in a draw.

    So shortly, both Jasmine and I will have 8 points.  If Lepi can beat her as well, all three of us will finish as equals at the top of the quad.  There's only one other quad in the competition, and it will have either one or two winners.  I suspect if all goes my way, they'll throw all 4 or 5 of us into the final quad/quint.

    Of course, if Jasmine draws or beats Lepi, it's all academic.  She wins the quad; Lepi and I go home.  But this is as good of a shot as I've ever had to win a IYT chess tournament.  So I can only hope for Lady Luck to do her thing.

No comments: