Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Scam alert!

Oh, lucky me! I just won two roundtrip airline tickets to anywhere in the USA. And I didn't even enter any contest. I just have to call a number to claim my prize. Here's the text of the letter sent me. . NOTE : You must respond no later than August 27th, 2009. . Dear Terry, . I am pleased to inform you that you have qualified for an award of 2 roundtrip airline tickets. Congratulations. These tickets are valid for travel anywhere in the continental US. The retail value of this award is up to $1,400.00. Certain restrictions apply. . We have attempted contacting you several times without success. This is our last attempt. If you choose to decline this award, please contact us as soon as possible so we may issue the ticket vouchers to the alternate. Please call me today at (480)-281-0120. . Sincerely, Ashley Wilcox The amazing thing is - I won two roundtrip airline tickets just a month ago! From a different company. But via the exact same letter. And logo. . This latest one came from a company called Hudson Stone. The last one came from Bradley Tate. What are the odds? . Actually, not very long since the whole things's a scam. You can read a lot more about it at www.brahblog.com. These jerks hide under a number of company names : Hudson Stone, Bradley Tate, Watson Brooks, Spencer Burns, Hammond Reed, Donovan Rich, Lambert Steel. Brahblog scanned his letter, so you can see the (identical) logo all these dummy companies use. . Steer clear of this scam. They get your name and address off a list somewhere and are phishing for your phone number. Caveat emptor.

No comments: