Friday, August 21, 2009

Discworld - Collect them all

For some reason, Discworld books don't show up at the used-bookstore all that much. But I check every time I go there, and over the course of a year, I've snagged about 20 of them. Of which I've read about 8. . So I am naturally jealous that the XKCD bloke has the complete set, albeit only in "Kindle" format. FWIW, the books where the witches take center stage - Nanny Ogg, Granny Weatherwax, Magrat Garlick, etc. - are the ones that never show up used. Fortunately, the local library has a nice collection of Discworld books.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Somebody linked me to this the other day and I can't remember who...

terry said...

not me. but it was a timely comic by XKCD. of all the literary series out there, he picks the one i'm obsessive about.

well, i'm obsessive about Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series too. it's just that there hasn't been any new books in that one for several years. which, i am told, is about to change.