Friday, September 05, 2008

Website of the Week

This is a cool site. You can work on your vocabulary in a couple foreign languages, see how bad your English grammar and vocabulary is, mindlessly review your multiplication tables, and more. You can find it at :
.
.
Now I hate to sound like a cynic, but I'm really not buying that for every correct click I give, this site donates 20 grains of rice to the UN food program. First of all, who would count the grains? And secondly, would we really hear something like, "Little Mbutu starved to death yesterday, all because Terry was posting on his blog instead of clicking on answers at Freerice.com." I think not.
.
By the way, I do good on the Spanish words, and kick a$$ on the French ones. But my English grammar sux.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That was fun. My english grammar is pretty good, my vocab is decent, and my french is pretty good. I didn't bother wish Spanish, I knew I'd be awful at that. German as well.