Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Prancing With The Stars

After the heartbreaking conclusion to The Bachelor, I thought Liz was through with reality shows.
.
Alas, twas not to be. I got roped into watching about 15 minutes of Dancing With The Stars last night. It's down to three couples, and - surprise! surprise! - Melanie's still in it.
.
I have to admit, the bit I watched was impressive. But when it came time for the "freestyle", the first couple came on stage looking like a pair of black-&-white-spotted teletubbies, which was my cue to head off to the computer room.
.
This is all so obviously contrived. The three couples got scores of 28, 29, and 30 (in that order, IIRC) in the part I watched. Melanie and Wotzizname are going to win, and you can bet the farm on it. Vote if you want to, but it won't alter the already-scripted ending.

No comments: