Friday, May 08, 2009

Internet Problems

My modem gave up the ghost last night. At least I hope that's the problem. So I'm off tonight to buy a Motorola Surfboard, whatever that is. And we'll see if I'm savvy enough to figure how to install the thing. Something about having to call the ISP and tell them the serial number. Wherever that is found. . If successful, we'll be back in business by the time the second glass of red wine gets poured. If not, there will be light posting until someone techno-geekier than me stops by. .
-- UPDATE --
. Oh yeah! Look out, Geek Squad. I am a freakin' Modem Maestro!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay! I'm glad it's up and running again.

Anonymous said...

You have to buy your own modems? Here in the Kingdom of the United the cable company supplies them for free.

Apparently they are sending me a new one because they want everyone to use the same type. But, they tell me, I can continue using the existing one and keep the new one as a spare. Which means I get to sell one or the other on fleabay. Which partly compensates for paying $30 for a 10mb service.

Oh, you sure they wanted the serial number? Usually it's the MAC address. Like, MAC addresses can't be cloned ...

Happy Mother's Day,

Mo Dem.

terry said...

of course they didn't want the MAC number. I own a PC, not a Mac. Sheesh.