Tuesday, August 06, 2013

The Bourne Legacy (Movie)


    My third movie watched in 2013, The Bourne Legacy.  Since I usually average two movies a year, it appears I'm turning into a cinemaholic.

    TBL was a decent enough flick, with action from the get-go, and a repeat of the intrigue from the first trilogy.  Matt Damon isn't anywhere to be found, and I spent the first third of the movie trying to figure out who was now playing Jason Bourne.  Silly me, it turns out the JB character isn't in this one at all, save for a brief cameo shot on a wanted poster.

    I didn't recognize any of the actors/actresses, including the two stars, Jeremy Renner and Rachel Weisz.  The romance is kept to a minimum, but it appears they plan to make this into another trilogy (Holy Plagiarism, Batman!), so we can expect these two to go a-bedding in the next installment.  Provided of course, the baddies don't bump off the girl to p*ss off our hero.

    At 135 minutes, and a PG-13 Rating, you certainly get your money's worth of excitement, plus a bunch of bitchin' location footage, and an entertainingly-long motorcycle chase as the climax.  The hired thug, Larx, was a bit of a disappointment though.

    I can't complain about any of the movies I've watched in 2013.  The other two are reviewed here and here.

    8*/10.

No comments: