Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Dark Knight Rises


   
    Finally watched this last night.  At 165 minutes, it dragged a bit, especially as we waited for Batman to work himself back into shape.  But I quibble.

    Catwoman was kewl.  I like the dark tone.  The Bane character could've been psychoed up a bit more - sticking a muzzle on him was chintzy compared to Heath Ledger's Joker character in the previous film.

    The storyline held together reasonably well.  The takeover of Gotham by Bane reminded me of Doctor Zhivago after the revolution kicked out the Czar.  But it was quite a stretch to imagine that the federal government would just sit idly by while a major metropolis was occupied.

    The action scenes were well done.  There were enough plot twists to keep me on my toes.  I suppose there could be a Part IV to this series, but that would frankly surprise me.

    I quite enjoyed this whole Batman Trilogy.  Whoever makes the next Caped Crusader movie has his work cut out for him.  I'd rate TDKR around 8 Stars - some minor irritations, but overall a good flick.

No comments: