Thursday, June 14, 2012

Book Excerpt for the Day


    "I need you to tell me everything you know, or everything you think you know.  Otherwise I am not going to keep wasting my time over there.  A Miilarkian House is trying to kill me, Phin.  I need a bit more meaning in what could be my last days of life."

    Phin's eyes were touched with sympathy before he lowered them to the table.

    "I don't know how much I can explain, and it is probably going to sound like I am crazy."

    "You have part of a dead wizard stuck in your arm and it doesn't seem to bother you," Rhianne said dryly.  "There is nothing you can say at this point that is going to make me doubt your sanity any more than I already do."


    (from The Wind From Miilark, by M. Edward McNally)

    8½*/10.  The full review is here.

No comments: