Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pride Parade ... and Festival!

We made it to our fourth straight Arizona Gay Pride Parade today. In 89°F heat and no clouds in the sky. As usual, the "sisters" had a hug for Liz. . For the first time, we also attended the Gay Pride Festival. It was hot, crowded, and the vendors were charging "gouge" prices for everything. There were lots of strangely-clad people, and lots of making out. Joan Jett will be there tomorrow night for the closing act. The group Berlin will also be playing tomorrow. .
I'm completely knackered from all that sun. I took 238 photos with my new camera over the course of 5 hours, and the batteries held up until we were reviewing the pics. If I get my sh*t together, some of those pics will get posted on a separate blog. Lana would object if I posted them all.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ugh, it's even hotter there than here! I think I would have fainted after all that time.

terry said...

i wore a big floppy hat, used lots of sunscreen, and drank lots of fluids. for the parade, the sun was at our backs, which helped. the festival was just plain HOT.

we hit 90°F today for the first time this year. we're less than a month away from when we should start hitting triple digits, so it's been a decent spring.