Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Ric!

This is to send a rousing "Happy Birthday" to Ric over at Bronx Cheers, who is no longer stuck in the 50's. You can find his blog here. . Ric is a lifelong Yankees fan, but we try not to hold that against him. His political views are spot on. We baked you a cake, dude, but as you can see above, it didn't turn out too good. . Anyway, by my calculations, your birthday's now come and gone. In lieu of a party, I hope you treated yourself to a lah-di-dah meal or something. And bought yourself tickets for the upcoming Dodgers-Yankees World Series games to be played in L.A.

2 comments:

Ric said...

Wow, Terry, I am deeply touched. That is the most thoughtful thing anyone who has never met me has ever done.

I will soon write a blog about my birthday bounty. I have been terribly negligent in that regard.

One of my purchases was the "Five-Minute Classics" book you recommended.

The play-offs are about to begin and I will be temporarily insane for the duration of the Yankee's stay this year.

terry said...

my pleasure, Ric. i would've dropped by with a bottle of wine to celebrate the occasion, but it's a freaking long drive to your place from Phoenix.

it sounds like you celebrated your 60th with appropriate fanfare anyway.

and i still think it's gonna be the Dodgers and the Yankees in the WS. i'm sure that MLB wants that match-up as well.