Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The Demise of The Mesa Tribune

With the new year, our daily newspaper, the Mesa Tribune, has ceased a.) daily editions, b.) charging us for it, and even c.) delivering it to our neighborhood. . C'est la vie. In time, we'll have to subscribe to the Phoenix paper, the Arizona Republic. Until then however, I am going through withdrawals for two things - my daily Sports Statistics (box scores, etc.), and my daily Comics. . To get my Sports fix, I now get up 10 minutes earlier and watch the footer on ESPN. To get my Comics fix, at lunch I now go to www.gocomics.com and to the Dilbert website. . But there is a bright side to visiting GoComics. I've found some new strips, such as the New Adventures of Queen Victoria. Alphabetically, it comes right before Non Sequitur, which I simply can't go without for more than a day. A taste of NAQV is given below. We'll be featuring it some more in the coming weeks.

No comments: