Monday, November 27, 2006

This weekend I watched...

The Lakehouse, starring Sandra Bullock & Keanu Reeves. We'll give this movie **** (out of 10*). It loses 5 stars automatically, cuz it's a chick-flick. But beyond that, one has to admit, it is rather entertaining. Bullock & Reeves make a good, romantic pair. Guys, the movie will suck you in at the beginning, due to the time anomaly of Keanu living in 2004, and Bullock living in 2006. Alas, just as you settle onto the couch, it becomes clear this is going to be long on the romance, and short on action and scientific curiosity. Of course, since I'm a time-traveler myself, I can tell you that the movie's depiction of this is not the way time/space-folding actually works. The cosmic builders do NOT put wormholes in mailboxes. My advice - watch this movie with your wife or GF (but not both at the same time) to score brownie points. It'll certainly hold your attention better than Under A Tuscan Sun or Love Story.

No comments: