Friday, November 27, 2015

Christmas Lights


    Black Friday holds two traditions at our house.  Liz gets up at 5:00 AM to go shopping with a friend, and I put up the Christmas lights.

    My task is always an extremely stressful one, usually consisting of three hours of swearing, dropping the staple gun, sweating, and gashing myself at least one time on the f**king step-ladder.

    This year was no exception.  However, I decided to try a new approach.  work on the lights for an hour.  Take a break and have a toot.  Work another hour, take a break, and have a toot.  Then have one more toot, for good measure.

    It didn't lessen the swearing or sweating, and I still gashed myself royally on the right forearm, bleeding profusely without even knowing I was cut.  But somehow it all seemed more bearable.

    And the light-hanging came out pretty good, doncha think?!

No comments: