Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Book Excerpt for the Day


    “The question then would be, who is the source of the imagination that imagines?  And the answer to that question could be: God.  And this would mean, if, for example, you, June, are the imagination that imagines us and the world, you could call yourself God’s imagination or: the goddess imagined by God.  How does that make you feel?  The man smiled and I admired both his brilliant thinking and his humor.

    For a moment there was silence.  Then someone yelled, “Great!”  That someone was me, I continued, “If these conclusions are correct, then I do hope indeed that the imagination that imagines things is June.”

    “Why?” the prosecutor asked.

    “It would mean I made love to a goddess last night.”


    (from The 92-Year-Old Lady Who Made Me Steal A Dead Man’s Car by Fred Schafer)

    6*/10.  The complete review is here.
.

No comments: