Tuesday, January 08, 2013

In The Eye of the Storm - Roger Hodgson






    My latest LP-to-MP3 conversion, and a good one.  Roger Hodgson is the ex-lead singer of Supertramp.  He split from them in 1983 and In The Eye of The Storm was his 1984 debut solo album.

- Tracks -
01. Had A Dream (Sleeping With The Enemy)
02. In Jeopardy
03. Lovers In The Wind
04. Hooked On A Problem
05. Give Me Love, Give Me Liofe
06. I'm Not Afraid
07. Only Because Of You

   My favorite tracks are in pink, but the whole LP is great.  The arrangements (and the voice, of course) could easily be off a Supertramp album, but ITEOTS is somewhat proggier.  I was listening to KCDX on the way home from work one afternoon, and they played Track 07.  I looked up who it was (aren't radio websites great?!), then waited patiently until it turned up at one of the local used-record stores.

    It was worth it.  Wikipedia says the album didn't chart well.  I don't know why; Hodgson probably doesn't know either.  9*/10.  Highly recommended.

No comments: