Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Frank Sinatra - September of My Years

Artist : Frank Sinatra
Album : September Of My Years (1965)
Genre : Easy Listening Overall Rating : 7½*/10
. I must be getting old, cuz I never used to be able to listen to Frank Sinatra. I converted this LP for a friend, and was surprised how many songs I recognized and how ...um... pleasing-to-the-ears the music was. . And it isn't just me. My carpool partner's 18-year-old son recently became a fan of Sinatra as well. Wow! I know The Beatles maintain their popularity from generation to generation, but I didn't know Old Blue Eyes has the same gift. . All in all, this was a pleasant surprise. I don't think it'll become one of my top ten favorite albums, but if you force me to do Easy Listening (and take away my Sarah Brightman CD's), this will be my first pick. . Album Tracks : (my favorites in pink) :
01. The September of My Years (3:15)
02. How Old Am I? (3:30)
03. Don't Wait Too Long (3:04)
04. It Gets Lonely Early (2:57)
05. This Is All I Ask (3:03)
06. Last Night When We Were Young (3:33)
07. The Man in the Looking Glass
08. It Was A Very Good Year (4:25)
09. When The Wind Was Green (3:22)
10. Hello, Young Lovers (3:41)
11. I See It Now (2:50)
12. Once Upon A Time (3:30)
13. September Song (3:30)

No comments: