Saturday, May 01, 2010

Night Watch - Terry Pratchett

2002; 408 pages. Book #29 in the Discworld series. Awards : #73 in the Big Read; Winner of the 2003 Prometheus Award. Nominee for the 2003 Locus Award. Genre : Fantasy; Humor. Overall Rating : 9*/10.
.
Another Discworld book, and another winner. I think I have all but two of the remaining books in this series (I'm lacking Men At Arms and Making Money) on my TBR shelf. Which accounts for about 30% of the books there.
.
My review in 50 words or less...
Sam Vimes and a psychopathic killer are transported 30 years back in time to an Ankh-Morpork ripe for revolution. A bad place for a good cop, but a killer can make a killing there. The emphasis is on the plot, which is unusual for a Discworld story.
.
.
The gormless, shonky version (not!) of this review can be found here.

No comments: