Monday, July 28, 2008

Emmylou likes Chemistry !!

At least that's what I thought when I got Emmylou Harris' new CD (All I Intended To Be), and on Track 09, she calls herself a dimer. Now just why she'd refer to herself as a "chemical compound made of two smaller identical or similar monomers that are linked together by hydrogen or covalent bonds" is beyond me. Maybe she means she has a split personality. By that line of thinking, I'm a polymer.

Alas, it turns out Emmylou wasn't talking chemistry at all. The title to Track 09, "Old five and dimers like me", refers to her being a geezer. Or something like that.

Which reminds me - do you know how to tell if someone you know is a chemist? They think "unionized" is a four-syllable word. ;-)

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Very funny. I like your style of humor. I was a chemistry major in college.

terry said...

where'd you go to college, Trixie? i see you live in Philly; are you a Pennsylvania native? i was born and raised in Berks County, although it's been more than 10 years since i've been back to visit there.