Monday, May 14, 2018

Book Excerpt for the Day


    “Do not let this queen business go to your head.  I don’t plan for it to last.”

    “What are you talking about?” Robie said.  You are the queen.  There’s not much you can do about that.”

    “You’d be surprised,” she said.  “After all, I am queen.  If I say things are going to change, you’d better take it seriously.”

    “Whatever do you mean?” I said.  “Will you step down from the throne?”

    Robie snorted.  “Is that even allowed?”

    “Not exactly,” Analyn said, filling our teacups.  “I have something else in mind, a system where every citizen will vote to choose their leaders.”

    Robie laughed aloud.  “You want to put the peasants in control of the government?” he said.


    (from Tinker’s War by Jamie Sedgwick)

    7½*/10.  The complete review is here.
.

No comments: