Monday, May 30, 2016

Book Excerpt for the Day


    “What are you looking at, friend Willow?”

    “Just small things, Henu.  The little lives that reside in the hollows and burrows of the river.  When I was little and on vacation, I liked to think they were my friends but I thought how they must be scared of me as well because I’m so big and they’re so small.  Still, I like watching them live their lives down there in the water, soil and sand.  I wonder what it must be like to live out of sight, so quietly, and always hidden away.  I think sometimes I’d like to be one of the small, unseen things in the world.”

    “I think we all feel this way at times, my friend.  Life is too big and we are so small.  I think we live in fear that it might tread on us when it is not looking.”

    (from The Door of Dreams by Greg James)

    7½*/10.  The complete review is here.
.

No comments: