Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Book Excerpt for the Day


        Esmun blanched. He looked sorrowfully around the room.  “This has ever been my project – to free mankind from these evil patterns.  Unfortunately, I have found few who are motivated much by the hope of a wonderful future.  Many more I’ve found who act only once the threat of a miserable future seems certain.  But my first rule has always been that the existence of mankind as a whole cannot be put at risk by the actions of a few.”

    “I’m beginning to think,” Alysa said quietly, “that even within the most penetrating levels of human altruism, there are few who actually aspire to be different from what they are.”


    (from The Beginning of This, The End of That; Part 1: The End by James Matteson)

    4*/10.  The complete review is here.
.

No comments: