Saturday, December 12, 2015

Book Excerpt for the Day


    “You don’t like anything that’s happening.”
    It made me even more depressed when she said that.
    “Yes I do.  Yes I do.  Sure I do.  Don’t say that.  Why the hell do you say that?”
   “Because you don’t.  You don’t like any schools.  You don’t like a million things.  You don’t.”
    “I do!  That’s where you’re wrong – that’s exactly where you’re wrong!  Why the hell do you have to say that?” I said.  Boy, was she depressing me.
    “Because you don’t,” she said.  “Name one thing.”
    “One thing?  One thing I like?” I said.  “Okay.”
    The trouble was, I couldn’t concentrate too hot.  Sometimes it’s hard to concentrate.

    (from The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger)

    8½*/10.  The complete review is here.
.

No comments: