Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Kenny Rogers - Eyes That See In The Dark


Album  :  Eyes That See In The Dark
Artist  :  Kenny Rogers
Genre  :  Pop
Year  :  1983

- Tracks -  (favorites in pink)
01.) This Woman
02.) You And I
03.) Buried Treasure
04.) Islands In The Stream
05.) Living With You
06.) Evening Star
07.) Hold Me
08.) Midsummer Nights
09.) I Will Always Love you
10.) Eyes That See In The Dark

   This is another LP from the height of Kenny Rogers' career.  Produced by Barry Gibb, with guest appearance by the Bee Gees, the Gatlin Brothers, and of course, Dolly Parton dropping by to sing the mega-hit duet, Islands In The Stream, which I found to be interesting in the fact that they trade off singing the lead and harmony.

   For some inexplicable reason, Eyes That See In The Dark, like the KR album Gideon (reviewed here), is not available as MP3 downloads from both Amazon and iTunes.  At least it is somewhat more-remembered than Gideon: 31 people have left ratings/and reviews for it at Amazon.

    This LP actually comes from my personal collection.  It is Liz's personal favorite Kenny Rogers album, and it is likely she who purchased it.  I eschewed the scratch-removing software again, because I am somewhat of an audiophile.  It is slightly embarrassing then, to admit that the bargain-bin Gideon LP was in better shape than this one.  Both had about a half-dozen significant scratches, but my LP had a lot more minor ones.

    I'm impressed how smoothly the Bee Gees and Kenny Rogers blend together.  I like this album almost as much as Gideon.  My only quibble is that it contains too many sappy ballads for my taste, especially Side 2.  But then again, what would you expect from something produced by one of the Bee Gees?

No comments: