Monday, January 13, 2014

Book Excerpt for the Day


    “I have compared good and evil enough today, my dear,” he said quietly.  “I can see too much of both sides, and the cost of each.  I should very much prefer to be able to speak with you of something pleasanter, or at least less full of pitfalls and failures, and mistakes that we see too late to help.”

    Her face filled with concern.  “I’m sorry.  I should prefer something more agreeable as well.  I have spent the day trying to raise money for the clinic, mostly from people who have far more than they need, and are still desperate for something further.  So many women of high fashion dress not to please the man they love, but to spite the women they fear.”


    (from Execution Dock by Anne Perry)


  8*/10.  The complete review is here.
.

No comments: