Friday, June 21, 2013

Kulgrinda


    Kulgrinda is a Lithuanian folk/pagan band dedicated to restoring the traditional songs, dances, and rituals in the Baltic countries of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia.  The back-to-our-roots movement seems to be gaining some momentum, although sitting here in Arizona, I'm hardly the one to properly gauge it.

    It appears to be a push-back against the dominant established church, which is the  Russian Orthodox Church.  These days, "Russian anything" is not overly popular in the Baltics.


    Since several of my multiple personalities would be viewed as pagans, we are overall happy about this resurgence.  And of course, the one bona fide Druid personality in my head is positively ecstatic.

    There are a number of Kulgrinda's videos out on YouTube; I won't bother to post the links here.  But I found it to be apropos music for today, the Summer Solstice.  ANAICT, their music is not yet available at Amazon.

No comments: