Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Kitaro - My Best


    Kitaro - My Best is, naturally enough, a compilation album.  Released in 1986, it contains "early" Kitaro music, and comprises of tracks from his first 6 or 7 albums.

    There are no lyrics, just 11 tracks of good, relaxing, multi-layered, ambient music.  Great to read a book by.

- TRACKS (favorites in Pink) -
01. Rising Sun
02. Aqua
03. Oasis
04. Westbound
05. Silver Moon
06. Four Changes
-
07. Sacred Journey II
08. Revelation
09. Silk Road Fantasy
10. Shimmering Light
11. Time

    It's hard to pick favorites for this album, even listening to it now as I write this.  To a certain degree, the tracks all sound similar, and it doesn't help matters when you zone out and let it fade into background music.  The truth is - they're all equally good tracks.

    I purchased the LP for $2.99, probably at Revolver Records.  IIRC, I cleaned them out of Kitaro vinyl one night.

    I converted the album a couple months ago, and ISTR I didn't think it was badly scratched.  But listening to it full-blast right now, Track 01 didn't clean up well.  The rest of the album did, though.  I may have to go back and manually remove the scratches from that first track.

    The biggest problem with converting K-MB was chopping it into its tracks.  Kitaro likes to fade out of one song while simultaneously fading directly into the next.  In two cases, (Tracks 02 & 03, Tracks 09 & 10), I just kept them combined.

    Kitaro has been putting out albums since the 1970's, but I've only recently started to listen to his stuff.  I've converted two LP's, downloaded 2 CD's via Freegal, bought another 3 CD's (used), and have a couple more LP's sitting in the TBD (To Be Digitalized) pile in my man-cave.  Needless to say, I highly recommend his music, especially to bibliophiles.

No comments: