Monday, April 29, 2013

Vangelis - Ignacio (from "Entends-tu les chiens aboyer?")



    This is the latest LP I've digitalized.  It's a French release, which is très kewl.  "Entends-tu les chiens aboyer?" translates into "Do you hear the dogs barking", and apparently is a movie.  I've never heard of it, but they got Vangelis to do the music for it, so it's gotta be good. 
 

     The album was in rather poor shape.  No skips, but lots of scratches, big and small.  The de-popper program cleaned it up quite well.  This is a 1977 release, and I've got three or four more Vangelis albums sitting around, waiting to be cobverted.

    I get the impression this is not a well-known album.  However, there is a 15-minute YouTube video that someone made of this, with some simply bitchin' surreal images to go with it.  Search "Vangelis Ignacio" and it will come right up.  I'll probably be posting it as Friday Night Chill Music on FB this weekend.  If you know me there, come give it a listen/watch.

No comments: