Thursday, February 02, 2012

new John Hiatt album


Artist  :  John Hiatt
Title  :  Dirty Jeans and Mudslide Hymns
Release Date  :  16 August 2011
Available In  :  CD, Vinyl, MP3-download
Genre  :  Folk-Blues; Americana

    Santa brought me this CD for Christmas, but I just got around to listening to it now (I got lots of music over the holidays), and it is fantastic.  Of course, I say that about all John Hiatt albums.

    He still has his gravelly voice; and he's still writing powerful songs about the Common Man in America.  The opening track, Damn This Town, very much catches the feel of living in a small town.  Other tracks that I really liked : Adios To California; When New York Had Her Heart Broke (about 9-11); and Til I Get My Lovin' Back.  But frankly, there are no weak tracks; this is good from start to finish.

    The CD comes with a DVD about making this album, but I haven't watched it yet.  I discovered today that I can play DVD's at work, but it would have to be during lunch, and that's my reading time.

    If you're a fan of (the late) John Stewart, or Bruce Springsteen since he's re-defined hinself as a folk-singer, you're going to like John Hiatt.  Mosey on over to YouTube and check him out.

No comments: