Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Faux News Commentators

The gym I go to has four televisions in the treadmill area.  One, and sometimes two, are always on the Fox channel.  As luck would have it, from 5:00 to 6:00 PM, it is time for the Bill O'Really show.

The cartoon above accurately captures the posturing of Bill's talking-dittoheads.  As long as they can read the teleprompter, they all are experts on everything.  Every night.  Thank the gods for two things.  First, one of the remaining two TV's is usually set to ESPN.  Second, I never go to the gym without my MP3-player.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Pandora gets me through my workout. Thank heavens for being near-sighted too, I just take off my glasses & I can't see the TV's. ;)

terry said...

i like the "no glasses" approach. i'll have to try that when the choices are Fox News and Fox News.

i put my ear-phones on as a signal that i really don't want to chit-chat with fellow exercisers. i pretend that i can't hear anything but the music, even though that isn't true.

and still some people just have to strike up a conversation with me.