Saturday, October 02, 2010

Goose Creek Symphony in Arizona!

Oh my! I just found out these guys will be at The Rhythm Room here in Phoenix in February 2011. Normally, they don't do any concerts outside the Ohio - Kentucky - Tennessee area. The occasion for this exception is their induction into the Arizona Music Hall of Fame. It is a little-known fact that these hippie bluegrass rock virtuosos actually originated in the Phoenix area in the late 60's. . I've loved these guys since college. I don't remember which of my roommates had their albums; I'm indebted to whomever it was. Goose Creek Symphony is/was a tremendously talented band, but most people have never heard of them. I've found three of their LP's over the years and have converted them all to CD. I will definitely be seeing them in February.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whooo hoooo! Good newz! I Luv Goose Creek! Havent Seen Them In years!!!!

terry said...

i didn't think they'd ever come way out here anymore. i've never seen them. i hope you live in the Phoenix area, Anon.