Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Minority Report - Philip K. Dick

2002; 290 pages. A tie-in book with the Steven Spielberg movie. Genre : Sci-Fi Short Stories Anthology. Overall Rating : 6½*/10.
.
.
A new author for me. Short stories aren't my shtick, and I can only take a limited amount of 50's/60's sci-fi at one time. Dick's adherents are zealous in their praises of him out on the Internet. These are okay tales, as long as you remember who the target audience was. I need to find one of his full-length novels, preferably his award-winning "The Man in the High Castle".
.
.
My review in 50 words or less...
Minority Report is the best of the nine offerings. If psychics could detect crimes before they occurred, would it be okay to detain people for acts not yet committed? All the stories have kewl twists. Good fiction, but not much literary depth.
.
.
The majority report of this review is here. Which you already know if you're a precog.

No comments: