Saturday, February 06, 2010

The Elliptical

Santa brought Liz an elliptical for Christmas. To save room in his sleigh, Santa brought it only partially assembled. Santa's elves, who moonlight at Sports Authority, assured me that "it was extremely simple to put it together the rest of the way. Three, maybe four parts maximum." . Santa's elves lied. When I opened it, there were fourteen pages of assembly instructions, and a couple gazillion parts - albeit, that includes nuts, bolts, washers, etc. . I am extremely mechanically uninclined (and disinclined). I can screw in a lightbulb and shoot a staple gun, but that's about it. So this project quickly stressed me out. I've learned there's only one thing to do when that happens. Go to a bookstore for a couple hours and forget about the task at hand. Which is exactly what I did. . Liz, OTOH, is quite mechanically inclined. So while I was gone, she took Phillips screwdriver and Allen wrench in hand (those were the only tools required), and set to work putting the elliptical together. When I returned, she was just in the process of plugging it in and testing it out.
It was three days before she stopped walking around the house with that smug look on her face.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I got an elliptical right before Thanksgiving and I absolutely love it. I've gone about 100 miles on it in the last two months.

Heather said...

That's totally awesome, wtg Liz! The elliptical is my fave at the gym. :D

terry said...

at our gym, the elliptical is very popular, especially among the women. if you happen to get on one that they wanted to use, you'll see Murder in their eyes.

Heather said...

Lol Terry! They're better for me because I have bad hips, otherwise I'd be out pounding the pavement running. I much prefer that, just can't do it anymore.

terry said...

i'm partial to the treadmill, although i admit that the elliptical's a better workout. anything but the StairMaster, which is truly a satan-spawned device.