Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bon Jovi Concert

Bon Jovi was in town last night, and under no circumstances does Liz ever miss any of their Phoenix concerts. This was their "Circle" tour, and a few lucky ticket-winners got to sit on folding chairs in a circle on stage whilst Mr. Jovi serenaded them from within the circle. No, Liz was not one of those privileged peeps. . I was allowed to skip this concert, as Liz went with a friend. I went with Liz a long time ago to see these guys, and they do put on a fine concert. The problem is that the audience is about 85% female, all of whom are standing up the whole time, shrieking, and dancing around. Not exactly my idea of what to do at a concert. Seeing these guys once was enough for me. . Liz says it was, as always, a fan-freaking-tastic experience. And FWIW, Paul McCartney is here in concert soon. But I get to skip that one as well. I'm sure it will be more dancing, yelling, and swooning. I'll pass.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I never got the Bon Jovi thing, glad Liz had a good time though (and glad you got to sit it out!). ;)

terry said...

there's a lot to like about Bon Jovi. they're still putting out high-energy, rock-your-socks-off albums after all these years; Richie Sambora is an awesome guitarist, and JBJ is a hunk (according to Liz).

but it's a bit too "poppy" for me. i prefer my music progressive and my bands dysfunctional.