Sunday, December 20, 2009

New Store !!

Oh, sweetness! I found another used books - CD's - DVD's - LP's - Cassettes store today. Who knows how long it's been two doors down from Best Buy and I never bothered to investigate it. For some reason, I always assumed it was just selling used/discontinued textbooks. . The vinyl selection is so-so. The DVD selection is above average, which was quite useful in tracking down some of the obscure movies Jason wants for Xmas. But the books... . Ah, the books! Which is its main raison d'ĂȘtre. The cost of any book is half its original list price. I got H. Beam Piper's Little Fuzzy for less than a buck (because it was published in the 1960's) and Mark Billingham's debut murder/mystery novel Sleepyhead. I've been looking for both of these for months. . Best of all are the stacks and stacks of "overflow" paperbacks. $1 each. Liz scarfed up a half-dozen $1 chick-lit novels (Nora Roberts, et. al.) and I found a book by Robert Harris, author of the very good murder-mystery alt-history novel Fatherland. . The store is having a "20% off everything" sale during the whole week between Christmas and New Year's Eve. I foresee significant (and totally unnecessary) additions to my TBR shelf before the year is out.

No comments: