Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Buddha Beatnik


    I have hit a new level of obscurity for a music CD. The band's name is/was "Buddha Beatnik", and in 2000 they put out an album titled "Liberty School or...". Amazon doesn't carry it, indeed, just Googling the name gets zero hits. YouTube also lacks any hits.
    Googling one of the band members' names - "Borfus Wallaby", gets a single hit to a Myspace site. Borfus apparently hangs out in the Portland, Oregon area.
    My local used-record store offered the CD for $5.99 for a couple years, then dropped the price to $1.00, then further dropped it to $0.50, before some guy (me) took a chance on it.

    I listened to the first 13 tracks  today (there are 19 in all) as I did my Fitbit walk.  The musicianship, songwriting, and vocals are surprisingly good for an album about which there is zero information out there.  

No comments: