Saturday, June 11, 2016

Book Excerpt for the Day


    “I’ve been ordered to place you under arrest,” said Manuel Trujillo.
    “Really,” I said.  The two of us stood in front of the shuttle I was about to leave in.
    “The orders came in a couple of hours ago,” Trujillo said.  “Along with the new communications satellite the CU just gave us.  The CU’s not pleased about a Conclave ship being in our sky, incidentally.”
    “So are you arresting me?” I asked.
    “I’d love to, but it seems that you and your family can’t be found,” Trujillo said.  “I suspect that you’ve already left the planet.  We’ll do a colony search, of course.  But I wouldn’t really lay good odds on us finding you.”
    “I’m sneaky, I am,” I said.
    “I always said that about you,” Trujillo said.

    (from The Last Colony by John Scalzi)

     8*/10.  The full review is here.
.

No comments: