Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Book Excerpt for the Day


    “Maybe we’ve made a mistake,” Kevin said.  “What I mean is, maybe I’ve made a mistake.  My conscience is starting to bother me, and I’m getting a little scared.  I’m really a basic science person.  This applied science is not my thing.”

    “Oh, please! Raymond said irritably.  “Don’t complicate things!  Not now.  I mean, you’ve got that lab you’ve always wanted.  I’ve beat my brains out getting you every damn piece of equipment that you’ve asked for.  And on top of that, things are going so well, especially with my recruiting.  Hell, with all the stock options you’re amassing, you’ll be a rich man.”

    “I’ve never intended on being rich,” Kevin said.

    “Worse things could happen,” Raymond said.

    (from Chromosome 6 by Robin Cook)

  6½*/10.  The complete review is here.
.

No comments: