Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Just Wrong - Halloween Edition

    The annual early-November tradition is winding down at our office.  I speak of course of the bringing in of the leftover Halloween candy.  Some selections - such as Reese's PB Cups, Nestle's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, and Kit-Kats - get scarfed up immediately.  Others, like geeks in a gym class, are left until last.


    This year, the last three bottom-feeders were Skittles, Nerds (the candy, not the geeks), and some atrocity I'd never heard of before - Body Parts Candy.  By yesterday, only the BPC remained.

    I made the mistake of taking one - an eyeball.  It had the texture of a three-week-old marshmellow, and the taste  of a shoelace.  After three unsucessful tries at biting into it, and with my taste buds pleading for mercy, I tossed it in the trash.

    Duly inspired, I researched the delicacy.  It is distributed by the Frankford Candy & Chocolate Company in Philadelphia. But it is made in China.  The items are individually wrapped; and I have nothing against Chinese sweets.  But you are confronted with the fact that this candy is most likely several months old.


    By today, all that was left of the BPC's were the "brain" ones, pictured above.  I brought one home with me to aid in this post.  I notice that it comes with the following warning : "Manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, milk and soy."  I am not making this up.

    This post is done, and I have no reason not to open this little dainty, and give BPC's a second taste.  I am mortified.

No comments: