Saturday, October 13, 2012

Book Excerpt for the Day


    “Something doesn’t compute.  It’s like I’ve been reincarnated, but God or whoever let me remember every damn thing from my past life.  Then I come home to Dave, and I think to myself, wait, did I hire a substitute Mark?  And shouldn’t this kid I have be my grandchild?  Shouldn’t I be handing him off to some nice, sensible daughter-in-law somewhere?  How many more husband iterations am I going to go through?  Two hundred years from now, will I realize I married my eighth husband five husbands earlier?  I go to buy oranges, and I end up tied in an existential knot.  So that bats my head around the tetherball pole pretty good.”  She stuck out an open bag of chips.  “Dorito?”

(from The Postmortal, by Drew Magary)

  8*/10.  The full review is here.
.

No comments: