Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Book Excerpt for the Day


    Those eyes.  I had to look, as though something was pulling me there.  It was like seeing death.  My own death, and the deaths of all the people I know and love.  Things weren't so funny anymore.  Not only did I have to witness the deaths, but I could feel them, too.  The uncertainty.  The pain.  The complete and utter terror.  I wasn't in that room anymore.  And then came things I've always feared as a kid.  Images of stuffed animals that came to life, with sharp teeth as mouths, razor blades for claws.  The usual stuff all kids are afraid of.  Werewolves.  Demonic clowns.  Giant spiders.  I viewed them all through the eyes of a child, and they absolutely terrified me.

(from I Am Number Four, by Pittacus Lore)

6*/10.  The full review is here.
.

No comments: