Sunday, August 21, 2011

RockZome Saturday

I made another foray to RockZone on Saturday.  Sold 45 albums; got $19 of in-store credit, which I thought was quite fair.


   More importantly, I managed to walk out of there with only 15 new albums - nine "normal ones", plus 6 freebies.  RockZone has no use for classical LP's, so they all get dumped into the "buy one, get one free (out of this "nobody-would-want-these" pile).  I even walked out of there with $5 in-store credit remaining.


    I picked up the three albums shown here, plus three Kingston Trio records, two Leo Kottke LP's and one Michael Quatro (Suzy's brother) album.  The freebies were six classical ones, including two by the fabulous pianist Artur Rubinstein


   Overall, I reduced the LP glut in the computer room by about 30 discs.  Plus there are another 16 waiting for a friend to drop by and take them off my hands.  This leaves about 250 still in the computer room, but only about 100 on the floor.  Which are the source of Liz's criticism of my hoarding habits.  Progress is being made.

No comments: