Monday, December 22, 2008

Sarah Brightman Concert

The Sarah Brightman concert last night lived up to my expectations. Lavish production numbers; impeccable choreography; with a light show and graphics going on in the background reminiscent of Pink Floyd's DSotM tour years ago. And a 10-piece orchestra backing her up. . Ms. Brightman was, of course, divine. She can be a tad ...ahem... theatrical at times, but no one was complaining. Her voice was in top form, and this was the last stop on her tour. So she's presumably flying back to Merrie Olde Englande even as I post this. . The only negative was the 8:00 PM starting time, on a Sunday night, and 45 miles across town from our house. And we have Photo-Radar traps up the kazoo now, so one has to drive at 55 mph all the way home. We'll give this concert a solid "A". . Next up, maybe, will be a "Billy Joel / Elton John Dueling Pianos" concert in March. I'm neutral towards it, but Liz really wants to go. I can take or leave Mr. Joel, and I've seen Mr. John once, at Big Surf, while in a Purple Haze (me, not him). So he'd be hard-pressed to outdo that performance.

No comments: